Summer is almost here and needless to say heat waves, dust, smoke and all other forms of pollution are preparing themselves to attack your healthy skin! Often, just sunscreen is not enough. A good amount of SPF is sure to protect your skin from the harsh rays of the sun, but is not enough to save you from the harmful effects of pollution, especially if you often travel or even live indoors in a city.
After experiencing some troubles due to pollution first hand, I decided to start using products that would help me combat these issues (tanning, dull or oily skin, unwanted patches, lines and blemishes).
Today I am going to review 3 such products from Faces Canada’s Urban Balance range!
Keep scrolling for a detailed review on each product.
This post is not sponsored. The products were given to me by Faces Canada but the reviews shared below are 100% genuine.
URBAN BALANCE DAILY CLEANSING MOUSSE
- Faces has nailed it with the key ingredients for this range. This cleansing mousse contains coconut oil, neem extract, hyaluronic acid. Coconut oil has naturally anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and moisturising properties. Neem oil is full of carotenoids and antioxidants, anti-inflammatory and analgesic agents as well as losts of vitamin E and fatty acids that help improve skin elasticity and provide and retain moisture. Hyaluronic Acid helps reduce the visibility of fine lines and wrinkles retaining moisture to the skin, creating a plumping effect (its an ingredient I always look for these days!)
- The texture of the mousse is just like any other mousse. The white mousse has a very gentle fragrance applied on damp skin evenly.
- It definitely helps you get rid of all dirt and oil and I’ve been especially happy using this product to wash my face on days when my skin gets dirty.
- I would recommend you don’t use it as a gentle cleanser during winters for your night or morning routines (does not feel hydrating enough for super dry weathers), but definitely after you come back home after travel or work. Use especially after workouts or anytime your skin gets oily and dirty during summers.
- Pricing is INR 499 for 125 ml.
I know it does feel a bit expensive for a face wash but I can’t complain because the quantity is good and the product is really nice!
- Rating 4/5
Product Link : Urban Balance Daily Cleansing Mousse
URBAN BALANCE SKIN COMFORT SERUM
- Before I begin, this one is definitely my current favorite face serum!
- Key ingredients are moringa oil, ashwagandha extracts + my favorite hyaluronic acid. Moringa oil’s powerful anti-aging properties are among the most appreciated benefits of it. Ashwagandha promotes the production of vital compounds and proteins for healthy skin such as hyaluronan for skin hydration, elastin to keep the skin supple and collagen for skin strength.
- I have been using this serum since the past few weeks and am in love with the results! My skin has noticeably become more hydrated and supple. I think its also giving me an even skin tone.
- The only complaint I have is that I can not wear this serum under makeup because the moment I start applying any other product over this, the serum starts rubbing off. Anyway, it is probably not meant to be worn under makeup and is clearly a beauty potion for the face! I think it would be better to use the Urban Balance Facial Oil under makeup.
- Pricing INR 1199 for 30 gm
- Rating 4.5/5
Product Link : Urban Balance Skin Comfort Serum
URBAN BALANCE POLLUTION DEFENSE DAY CREAM
- The key ingredients in this day cream are moringa oil + sea buckthorn oil. It also has SPF 25+ UV filters. Due to the moisturizing fatty acids that buckthorn oil contains, it has an innate ability to revive skin cells, and the high content of vitamin E and C reduces the gravity and length of wrinkles while alleviating tough skin.
- I haven’t used this cream as often as the serum. It definitely contains great ingredients and makes my skin feel hydrated and protected. I am careful about the quantity of product I apply on my face because sometimes my T zone tends to get oily. I also wish it had a higher SPF. Sometimes I use another coat of sunscreen with high SPF (50 To 100) for long exposure in sunlight. Nevertheless I have completely enjoyed using this day cream and am super happy about the key ingredients and overall results.
- Pricing INR 1199 for 50 gm
- Rating 4/5
Product Link : Urban Balance Pollution Defense Day Cream
You can shop for all my favorite skincare products including the entire range from Faces Canada from my Amazon storefront by visiting this link : BEST OF SKINCARE
That’s it for now. I hope this review helps you pick the right product for yourself.
Do check out the rest of the best of skin care products I recommend from the link above. You will surely love them!! 😀
Until next time, smile lots, love lots and live #TheGoodLife .